Friday, August 20, 2010

What is a good book to read about computers?

I am trying to gain a little more knowledge about computers before I start working on building my own. I know all of the basics and even a little bit of the advanced stuff just from personal experience and messing with my PC. It's just when the numbers and letters start flying around that I lose what is going on. I want to learn more in general about the cables, hard disk types, ports, processor #s, motherboards, cooling systems, power sources, BIOS... you know, things that take a little more than a look around inside your PC to figure out. I just thought that maybe someone might know of a really good reference book or guide that would be worth looking at. Maybe someone who has taken classes that would know a good book that they used in class to learn more of the advanced details. Hopefully that makes sense. I just want to move up to the next level of PC knowledge is all. Now that I know all of the basics!



What is a good book to read about computers?avast



There are a lot of hardware websites out there that can give you a lot of background.



just off the top of my head...



Tomshardware



Anandtech



MaximumPC



and hundreds more. Some of them have detailed articles about building PCs, some have detailed articles about drives and power supplies etc etc.



once you find one good hardware site, look for their LINKS section. often, one good hardware site will link to another, and so on. Also, sometimes the articles will credit a writer from another site. Follow those links and you'll soon have a ton of websites that can tell you anything you want to know about hardware.

No comments:

Post a Comment